Diego Ferrari & Emily Roux, chef patrons of Caractère restaurant, Notting Hill, combine their favourite Vallebona ingredients, taking you on a journey to northern Italy.
- Serves 2, double for 4
- Carnaroli rice 250g
- Truffle & funghi 1/2 jar
- Parmigano reggiano 100g
- Sliced lardo di collonata 40g
- 70g cubed butter
- Water or stock
1.bring a large saucepan of water (or stock) to the boil.
2.toast the rice in a large saucepan (no need for butter or oil at this stage)
Stiring continuously until the rice itself is hot. Add a generous pinch of salt
Followed by the first ladle of water.
3. Keep stirring vigorously. Let the rice absorb the water before adding another ladle full. Cook for approximately 12 minutes on a gentle simmer adding more water if needed.
4. Pour the funghi & truffle jar into the rice and cook for a further 5 minutes. After a total of 17 minutes, all water should be completely absorbed by the rice.
5. Remove the risotto from the heat and vigorously beat in the butter and grated parmesan with a wooden spoon.
6. Continue stirring until both ingredients are fully melted and the risotto is sleek and glossy.
Serve in a warm bowl adding the thin slices of Lardo di Colonnata on top. Once melted you can dig in and enjoy!