WE ARE HIRING
JOB TITLE: Office Assistant
LOCATION: Unit 14, 55-59 59 Weir Road, London SW19 8UG
TERMS: Monday to Friday – Part-time/Full-time
DATE OF ISSUE: December 2021
Reporting directly to the owners of this family run food importer (specialising in Italian and Japanese food). We are a well-established business which looks after its staff, rewards hard work and celebrates success. Vallebona’s Office Assistant has a central role in making sure the business runs smoothly. The role requires someone who has good all-round administrative skills; can work to tight deadlines and can stay calm when things get busy. Ideally, this role would suit someone who enjoys working as part of a small team and likes to take responsibility and show initiative in an exciting and creative work environment.
To perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities to keep the Vallebona team delivering a professional service to our clients:
• Providing administrative and project management support to Stefano and Naoko.
• Ensuring all telephone calls are answered promptly and professionally, either directly or escalated to the appropriate team member.
• Taking and processing customer orders following Vallebona’s procedures.
• Keeping a log of outstanding customer enquiries and ensuring deadlines are met. Processing incoming post and company emails from customers and clients.
• Managing administrative aspects of supplier relationships.
• Drafting emails and client communications.
• Helping our PR and Social Media agencies with any communications campaigns.
• Research and competitor analysis.
• Creating Vallebona “best practice” guides for the wider team.
• Organising and co-ordinating team meetings.
• Maintaining accurate customer records securely on the contact management database and ensuring compliance with GDPR.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience of assisting in a busy office.
- Good computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- An organised multi-tasker who can meet deadlines.
- Happy to take responsibility with a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Friendly and professional telephone manner
- Excellent written English.
- Interested in food and working in a creative environment.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Location: Table@Vallebona, 70a High Street, Wimbledon Village SW19 5EE
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Store Manager to join our shop in Wimbledon Village, expanding food and wine retailer who are enjoying continuous success.
The role of Assistant Store Manager is diverse, challenging, rewarding and hugely enjoyable; this really is a role that lets you use your retail skills and experience.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will represent the brand at all times, have a strong focus with your customers as well as driving and inspiring your team to achieve and exceed targets.
You will also be a credible presence in your store and must be able to support colleagues across your area. It is important that you can work together with your Store Manager and be able to work on retail projects and new initiatives as and when required.
Key Responsibilities as Assistant Store Manager
• Customer centric; ensure the team always interact with customers.
• Drive sales and performance with your management team.
• Commercially aware and able to understand business performance and react to areas that are under performing
•Assist in preparation of inventory.
•Receive, unload and stock the food items.
•Manage product storage, maintenance, and rotation activities to avoid any damages or spoilages.
•Monitor and maintain stock inventory levels to avoid over and under stock problems.
•Monitor and maintain stock to avoid waste.
•Ensure that products are properly labelled with prices and dates.
•Develop new ideas and sales promotion programs to attract more customers.
•Respond to queries and complaints from both customers and employees.
•Interact politely (and to the highest possible standard) with customers while solving problems related to sales, dissatisfied service, and issues regarding store operation.
The Ideal Candidate:
•Must have at least 2-3 years working in hospitality or retail.
•Fluent in English/ Italian (bonus)
•Someone with hospitality background and excellent knowledge of Italian ingredients, familiar with slicing meats/cutting cheese.
•Experience working in a wine bar or knowledge in wine is also a bonus (We have created a hidden wine bar at our courtyard!
Shop opening hours:
•Monday – Closed
•Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00 to 17:30 - Sunday from 10:00 to 16:30
This might become full time depends on performance and how busy the store gets.
This role is an exciting challenge; the role gives you the chance to continue your career development with a retailer who can offer genuine progression, career growth and personal development. If you are seeking a role that offers a challenge, a chance to work with amazing products and the opportunity to enjoy what you do, this role is for you!