A foodies heaven!
Chef Yoshiko Wada the private catering cook and entrepreneur from Ritsuko & Co joined us on Friday to give the crowd a tasting of her exciting and unusual dishes. Using a combination of Vallebona products such as bottarga and truffle salt she fused the Japanese and Italian worlds of food together.
Yoshiko who started out in the UK as a make-up specialist decided to follow her mothers words and try her hand at cooking, thankfully for us as she has a real flair!
The menu was like nothing we have had yet and everyone enjoyed seconds thirds and even fourths!!
- Hassun- Roasted beetroot ravioli filled with snow crab meat, yuzu & wasabi mayo.
- Gyu-tataki- Beef fillet tataki served with fried garlic, spring onion and ginger ponzu.
- Saikyouyaki Maki Sushi- Rolled sushi with grilled black cod, shiso and pickled ginger.
- Yosedako- Tender cooked octopus served with salad leaves and yuzukohou dressing.
- Spicy tuna tartar- Served on crispy rice cake with shiso & chives.
- Hirame & bottarga- Halibut sashimi served with bottarga, lardo, radish and mascarpone & anchovies sauce.
- Mixed Japanese mushrooms tempura- Served with truffle salt
- Wagyu beef scotch egg- Served with teriyaki plum sauce.
With 40 guests, plenty of wine and a lot of food what could be better. We can't thank Yoshiko and her team enough for such an amazing night! We hope everyone else had a great time and that we can do something again soon with Yoshiko!
If you would like to book Yoshiko for a private event in your home or elsewhere you can contact her at: