LOVED FOR CENTURIES, THIS CLASSIC DISH WAS CREATED IN LIGURIA
THE BIRTHPLACE OF AUTHENTIC BASIL PESTO
1. Boil ten small potatoes until cooked but not falling apart; chop into bite sized pieces if need be.
2. Boil 75g per person of troffie pasta in a large saucepan of salted water for around fourteen minutes, or until al dente.
3. Meanwhile, top, tail and halve 75g per person of French beans. Add them to the water with the pasta about halfway through its cooking time.
4. When cooked, drain the pasta and beans, reserving a ladle of cooking water.
5. Add the potatoes to the pasta and beans and stir one teaspoon per person of pesto through to coat all the ingredients, loosening the mixture by adding the saved cooking water.
6. Season to taste with parmigiano Regiano and serve.
Contents for 2: 500g troffie pasta, Pesto Genovese, 100g parmigiano Regiano and your recipe card.
Contents for 4: We will send you an extra 100g of parmigiano Regiano.
Contents for 6: We will send you an extra 200g of parmigiano Regiano.
You’ll need: French beans and small waxy salad potatoes.
Tip: Waxy Charlotte potatoes work perfectly for this dish.
Time: 20 minutes.
Wine: We recommend Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, Gran Sasso.