A HEART-WARMINGLY DELICIOUS
MUSHROOM AND PARMESAN RISOTTO
1. Soak 5g per person of dried porcini mushrooms for ten minutes in 500ml of boiling water, mixing in two stock cubes to create a stock.
2. Over a low heat, sweat a chopped onion and a diced garlic glove per person in six spoons of olive oil.
3. Add 75g per person of rice and a good splash of white wine; let it reduce.
4. Add one ladle of stock at a time, waiting until the rice has absorbed the liquid and keep stirring.
5. When the rice is cooked al dente, drain then add in the porcini mushrooms.
6. Now stir in a generous handful of grated parmigiano and 15g of butter per person, then season and serve topped with more grated parmigiano.
Contents for 2: 500g Carnaroli rice, 30g dried porcini mushrooms, 100g parmigiano Reggiano and your recipe card
Contents for 4: We’ll send you an extra 100g of parmigiano.
Contents for 6: We’ll send you an extra 200g of parmigiano.
You’ll need: Two vegetable stock cubes, 1-3 onions, 1-3 garlic cloves, olive oil, white wine and butter.
Tip: The butter creates an irresistibly silky finish.
Time: 15 minutes.
Wine: We recommend A Mano’s Primitivo di Puglia.