PARTY JAPANESE-STYLE WITH A VALLEBONA TWIST!
Delicious spread for six or eight in a box (ready in less than 15min)
In Japan, get-togethers with friends always involve good drink, great food and lots of fun. Whether the drink of choice is a premium sake or an ice-cold beer, the accompanying food plays a central role in such gatherings. The Japanese call this a nomikai. It’s when they really let their hair down after a hard week at work. Using ingredients from their respective home countries, this is the way that Stefano from Italy and Naoko from Japan have been entertaining friends over the years.
Your Argento Nomikai serves up to 6 and includes: Moromi Miso 45g (Shodojima island), Parmigiano Reggiano Superiore 200g (Emilia Romagna), Prosciutto San Daniele 200g (Friuli), Smoked Swordfish 100g (Spain), Gorgonzola Dolce DOP 200g (Piedmont), Seaweed Toma 200g (Alto Adige) and Japanese Seaweed Chutney 100g (Tokushima), Instructions.
Your Oro Nomikai serves up to 8 and includes: Moromi Miso 45g (Shodojima island), Parmigiano Reggiano Superiore 200g (Emilia Romagna), Prosciutto San Daniele 200g (Friuli), Smoked Swordfish 100g (Spain), Gorgonzola Dolce DOP 200g (Piedmont), Seaweed Toma 200g (Alto Adige) and Japanese Seaweed Chutney 100g (Tokushima), Garlic Miso 120g (Gifu), Octopus in Olive Oil 250g (Spain) Instructions.
YOUR SHARING BOARD
- Arrange all the charcuterie on a large board.
- Cut carrots, cucumber, celery and peppers into strips and dip into garlic miso.
- Serve the moromi miso next to the parmigiano; this goes really well with a glass of fizz.
- Add grapes, vine tomatoes, raw veg, nuts and bread.
- Serve the cheese with seaweed chutney.
SWORDFISH CARPACCIO (1 min)
- Simply arrange the slices on swordfish on your favourite serving platter.
- Drizzle over oil and lemon juice
- Sprinkle over the rucola to finish.
OCTOPUS CON PATATE (10 mins)
- Boil 100g per person of new potatoes until cooked, then drain.
- Cut the drained octopus into smaller pieces.
- Combine your new potatoes with the octopus, parsley and crushed garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then add salt and lemon juice to taste.