AN ALL-TIME CLASSIC STAPLE DISH
WHICH HAILS FROM ROME
1. Boil 75g per person of bucatino in salted water until al dente (about ten minutes).
2. Meanwhile, combine one egg yolk per person and grated pecorino Romano in a bowl with some cracked black pepper.
3. Then dice and fry your guanciale until brown.
4. Drain your pasta, putting aside a cup of cooked water.
5. Add the pasta to the egg mixture and combine with the fried guanciale. Use the saved water to ensure that the sauce is loose and creamy.
6. Serve with a grating of pecorino Romano and some black pepper.
Contents for 2: 500g bucatino pasta, 200g guanciale, 100g pecorino Romano and your recipe card.
Contents for 4: We will send you an extra 100g pecorino Romano.
Contents for 6: We will send you an extra 200g pecorino Romano.
You’ll need: One egg yolk per person and black pepper.
Time: 15 minutes.
Wine: We recommend I Muri Megroamaro Vigneti del Salento.